Friday, September 26, 2008

Meme? Me, me! Why ME?

The rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged you: Lynne Thompson @ La Vida Es Un Sueno - y'all can blame her for today's silliness!

2) Post the rules on the blog: Here you go. See? This is step 2.

3) Write six random things about yourself: Uh huh. Random? Like...Chaos Theory random?

Okay, here goes:

- I like Estee Lauder's White Linen and Oscar by Oscar de la Renta.
- Bacon, peanut butter, and horseradish (alone or in combination) make me sleepy.
- I didn't have the reflex to catch myself when I fell until after age 10. I'd just go down, face first, like a tree. Broke my front tooth - permanent tooth - that way.
- I don't like wine, but I have been known to throw a whine and geeez party.
- I wear men's size 10 hiking boots; so does my son. He's only 12.
- I like Pi. 3.14159265 slices, with boysenberries, to be exact. But I am a Dodo bird when it comes to math. I just like Pi.

4) Tag six people at the end of your post: At the end? Heightening the suspense, are we?

5) Let each person know they have been tagged: Why? Wouldn't it be more fun to let them figure it out for themselves? Six months from now, I can whine, "See? You never read my blog!"

6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up: Okay, Lynne, my entry is up. Don't even think about telling me you don't check back to see, after you yell "Tag, you're it!" and run off laughing maniacally.

"Tag, You're It!"



I'm tagging Vivian, Elysabeth, Kimberly, Katie (who swears she reads everything her mom writes, but this should be telling), Miguel, and Jennifer (hmmm, which one of you am I tagging? I should just let you guess...see who answers the call).

If you're reading this and I didn't call your name, consider yourself tagged (see? I did name "six people" more or less) - leave me a link if you decide to play!

Tagged...Again?? Okay, Elysabeth...



I'm just adding on, here, so as not to clutter the blog. I thought you said EIGHT random things, E? Looks like twenty, to me. Dang. Here we go:

1. What are your nicknames? Holly. My real name is Holland. Jessiebelle, a nickname I used on GEnie, years ago. Andy. Only my parents call me that - if you try it, I won't answer. Mother, Mommy, Mama, Mom - and if you're not one of my kids, and you call me that, I'll send you to your room.

2. What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on? None. I would say "Jeopardy," but I can never remember to lead in with "What is..." Is there one where they magically transform you into a neat, organized, and efficient human being?

3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD? Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "The Sound of Music."

4. What is your favorite scent? Fresh, clean, herbal scents.

5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? I see Elysabeth didn't read the question. I can only spend it on myself? I would pay my children's tuition (this is spending it "on myself" since I'm investing in the people who will be running the country and making my healthcare decisions when I'm old). I'd build a comfortable but modest home of my own design, with private apartments for immediate family members or guests. I'd hire a housekeeper. I would travel with family, and dine out at nice restaurants.

6. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to? Just one? There are several, really. Germany, my grandfather's homeland, is high on the list. Istanbul or Hawaii might vie for second place.

7. Do you trust easily? Yes and no. My dad always said, "Never gamble more than you can afford to lose." Everyone starts out around a 5, on a trust scale of 1-10. It's much harder to earn a higher level of trust than it is to lose trust.

8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? I generally think before I act. What I think may be totally wrong...but I really do think.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? No, not really. I'm a pretty happy person in general.

10. Do you have a good body image? Yes. I'm realistic; I'd like to lose weight and I'm irked with myself that I regained nearly all the weight I'd lost two years ago. It wasn't hard, but it took a long time and a lot of discipline that I don't seem to have right now. I know I can do that again, but I'm a little discouraged that I have to start from scratch. Fortunately, I'm happy enough with my body image that it's not a pressing need.

11. What is your favorite fruit? Peaches when they're perfectly ripe, juicy, and slightly tart.

12. What websites do you visit daily? Google. GMail. My own: http://blog.jahangiri.us

13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Wyler's Beef Bouillon with half a fresh, raw, sliced jalapeno pepper. Or Nutella and Creamy Jif, if I need something sweet. The Internet - that's "brain food," right?

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Caring, generous, intelligent, realistic, smart.

15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? "Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas. That's a good thing; it's on my mp3 player and it's on my workout list. Now and then, though, it's "Barrett's Privateers" - usually inspired by work.

16. What's your favorite item of clothing? Lounge pants and a loose tank top. I'm actually kind of fond of my hiking boots, too.

17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy? Yeah, sure, mixed with melted marshmallows by some other mom...

18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground? Pick it up, ask around if someone lost money (and how much - I mean, c'mon, "Hey, did anyone around here lose $100?" You're kidding, right?) Tell the police, possibly - you know, do the due diligence to return it, but hope no one came by and claimed it.

19. What items could you not go without during the day? Air, water, my glasses, clothes.

20. What should you be doing right now? Working, but I am doing that - I'm good at multitasking.

6 comments:

  1. Holly,

    I was tagged a long time ago and I think we had to place eight random things on that one. Do I have to do it again? LOL - Guess I'm not the one you thought would respond first - lol. Which reminds me, I never did finish my "tag" on Rena's Multiply site - dang, how do I get to that. Guess I should just post that and let it go as not tagging anyone unless they want to just play along - E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I did it, but I'm not good at such things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,

    Those 20 things were a new tag by Rena - so I still have to do the original tag you gave me - lol - I have too many sites to keep up with and not enough time to do that and work and write and so I get behind in posting. On my original blog, http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com - I have a tag from maybe two years ago where we had to list 8 things - I'll have to dig around and make sure I don't repeat my random things - lol - E :)

    (I read the question about the million dollars but I couldn't just spend it on me, just doesn't seem in my nature) - lol E :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly,

    Post is up on http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com and will be up on my multiply site in a minute - E :)

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the discussion!