- 1 can of uncooked flaky biscuits
- 10 tsp. bleu cheese crumbles
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. Triple Sec (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Core and cut apples into small chunks. In a large mixing bowl, toss together with brown sugar, cinnamon, Triple Sec, and vanilla.
- Bake in a pie pan at 350 F for approximately 12-15 minutes.
While apples are baking, make the bleu cheese cups:
- Divide each biscuit in half.
- Roll each biscuit half and drop 1 tsp. bleu cheese crumbles onto one half, top with the other half, and seal edges with a fork.
- Drop filled biscuits into Shell Baker.
- Close Shell Baker and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown with toasted cheese "lace" edges. (See photos below.)
- Remove cups from Shell Baker and fill with apple mixture. Serve warm. Makes 10 servings.
Shows rolled biscuits on parchment. To the rear, there are two bleu-cheese filled biscuits on a plate.
Filled cups about to be baked in Shell Baker.
Apple filling, completed bleu-cheese and apple cups, and baked cups waiting to be filled.
Calculated at SparkRecipes.com
Amount Per Serving
|Share this post :|